Climate Chance side-event labelized One Planet Summit
Join us for a workshop on December 10 afternoon in Paris*:
“Access to climate finance: the priority proposals of non-state actors”
Focused on financial mobilization issues, One Planet Summit is an opportunity for non-state actors to highlight their main proposals on access to climate finance. Based in particular on the roadmap of the Financing Coalition launched at the 2016 Climate Chance Summit, its declination at the 2017 Agadir Summit, and the Marrakech Roadmap for Action on the Localization of the climate finance adopted at COP22, this event will consolidate a dozen priority proposals from non-state actors for effective investments that will strengthen action in the long term. These proposals will feed the debates of the One Planet Summit and open a space for dialogue between coalitions committed to this theme.
1:30pm: Welcome coffee
- Ronan DANTEC, President of Climate Chance Association
- Jean-François HABEAU, Executive Director of the FMDV
02:15pm: Presentation of the first version of the priority proposals of non-state actors for efficient investments
02:30pm-04:00pm: Parallel workshops
- A workshop focused on the evolution of mechanisms of access to finance. Moderated by Pierre Ducret, Special advisor to Caisse des Dépôts for Climate.
- A workshop on the actors to finance in priority. Moderated by Anne Barre, Founder and Honorary President WECF France and Liane Schalatek, Associate Director of the Heinrich Böll Foundation North America.
- Other workshops envisaged.
04:00pm-05:00pm: Summary of the day and presentation of the final version of the priority proposals of the non-state actors for effective investments. These proposals will then be published and shared to feed the One Planet Summit:
- Luc GNACADJA, Past Executive Secretary of the UN Convention to Combat Desertification (2007-2013), Minister of Environment and Urban Development (Benin, 1999-2005), Climate Chance’s member
- Vanessa LAUBIN, International Consultant climate and development, Climate Chance’s treasurer
06:00pm-07:30pm: private tour of the “Train du Climat” followed by a cocktail to continue the day around a convivial moment – Gare de l’Est
Registration for the event within the limit of the number of places available following this link
When? Sunday, December 10, 1:30 pm – 5:00 pm
Then visit / cocktail of the Climate Train from 06:00pm.
Where? Climate Chance Association, 10 rue des Prairies, 75020 Paris, France.
Visit of the Climate Train at the Gare de l’Est.
Metro: line 3, Porte de Bagnolet or Gambetta stop. Bus: Line 76, Pelleport Bagnolet stop.