On Monday 7 May 2018, during the UNFCCC Bonn Sessions, Climate Chance and the Finance coalition organized a side-event focused on access to climate finance for non-state actors.
You will find below the program of the side-event and the PPT presentations of the speakers.
Introduction and facilitation by Ronan Dantec, President of Climate Chance Association, Senator for the Loire-Atlantique Region – France, UCLG spokesperson for climate.
- Talanoa Dialogue previous day stock-take, by the Climate Finance Coalition, regarding “13 priority actions to increase access to climate finance for non-state actors”. (20min)
– Anne Barre, Gender and Climate Policies, WECF International.
- Financing and enabling access to affordable, decentralized and renewable energy and fostering women’s empowerment through gender-just energy-cooperatives. (20min)
– Katharina Habersbrunner, Head of Energy and Climate, WECF International: Potential of energy cooperatives to meet emission targets and supply society with affordable, decentralized and renewable energy and gender-sensitive participation opportunities.
– Nino Margvelashvili, Director Georgian “CLEEN ENERGY UMBRELLA COOPERATIVE”: Good practice – Gender-just umbrella cooperative in Georgia.
- Update on the challenges and opportunities emerged in relation to the access to climate finance through the Cities and Regions Talanoa Dialogues process. (10min)
– Jisun Hwang, Senior Climate Advocacy and Policy Officer ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability World Secretariat