The 2017 World Climate Chance Summit : retrospective of 3-days climate actors debates
The 2d Edition of the World Climate Chance Summit – the annual gathering of climate actors, took place in Agadir Morocco, from Sept. 11th to Sept. 13th 2017.
Climate Chance : a Summit which has strengthened the collective climate action
More than 5000 participants from 80 countries got together in Agadir to share concrete solutions, best practices and build synergies on common challenges. During three days, more than one hundred events in parallel have been organized around one common thematic : the progress of climate actions.
Find here the agenda of the Summit
The Agadir Declaration : « Stepping up together climate action and goals »
The Climate Chance World Summit ended with the adoption by unanimity of the Agadir Declaration at the closing plenary. Supported largely by moroccan actors, this declaration has been signed by main global climate actors networks :
- Local Governments : ICLEI, UCLG, R20, C40, nrg4SD, FMDV, Energy cities, CCRE-CEMR, Association Internationale des Maires Francophones (AIMF)
- Businesses & Industries : Confédération Générale des Entreprises du Maroc (CGEM), ICC (International Chamber of Commerce) France, Global Compact France, Orée
- Youth organizations : YOUNGO, CliMates, Mouvement des Jeunes Marocains pour le Climat
- Indigenous Peoples: Indigenous Peoples of Africa Co-ordinating Committee (IPACC), Association des Populations des Montagnes du Monde, Organisation Tamaynut
- NGOs : Climate Action Network (CAN-I), ENDA Tiers Monde, Réseau Marocain de l’Economie Sociale et Solidaire (REMESS), Fondation Driss Benzekri pour les Droits Humains et la Démocratie Réseau des Associations de la Réserve de Biosphère Arganeraie (Coordination Tiznit), Alliance Marocaine pour le Climat et le Développement Durable, Association Guinéenne pour la Promotion des Energies Renouvelables (AGUIPER), 4D
- Women & Gender : Women in Europe for a Common Future (WECF), ENTRELLES ENTREPRENEURES Maroc
- Trade unions: Confédération Syndicale Internationale (CSI), CFDT
More than a simple statement, this declaration has been build as a roadmap in the lead up of the 2018 facilitative dialogue provided in the Paris Agreement and with for the climate actors are committed to step up climate action and urge State Parties to amplify their ambition.
Your organization desires to sign this declaration, thank you for confirming by email at email@example.com before 15 October 2017.
Download here the Agadir Declaration « Stepping up together the climate action & goals ».
The declaration of Local and Subnational Leaders of Africa « Fighting against climate change in Africa together »
On the 12th September 2017, at the African Mobilization Day, a call has been launched in echo with the « We are still in » initiative to mobilize the african society.
You are an african local or subnational leaders and you want to join the initiative ? Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Download here the declaration
RELIVE KEY MOMENTS OF THE SUMMIT
Videos Galleries / Interviews
Video message from Ronan Dantec, Climate Chance President
Video Message from Vaia Tuuhia, Director of Association 4D
Video Message from Patrick Oliva, président of PPMC (Paris Process Mobility and Climate)
Video Message from Brice Lalonde
Debrief Day 1 by Place to B
Information : email@example.com