To contribute : Submit your initiatives by May 31st, 2019 !
We invite you to take part in this call for proposals if you are leading initiatives corresponding to one of the 9 themes:
- Access to climate finance in Africa
- Developing African cities in a sustainable way
- Agriculture, food and reforestation in Africa
- Renewable energy and energy efficiency in Africa
- Mobility and sustainable transport in Africa
- Adaptation and Water in Africa
- Sustainable Building and Construction in Africa
- Education and Training on Climate Change in Africa
- Circular economy in Africa
The selected initiatives will be presented during the thematic workshops at the Climate Chance Summit – Africa taking place in Accra from the 16th to 18th October 2019 (learn more) and / or will be published on the Cartography for action (view the map).
The contributions will be analysed by Climate Chance’s Scientific committee. This committee is composed of members from the Climate Chance association and organisers of the Climate Chance Summit – Africa 2019. You may be contacted to complete your original proposal. The Scientific committee will be in charge of selecting contributions and making the programme based on the selected contributions. This committee will ensure a good balance between the different thematic entries. Gender balance and geographical origins will also be important.
Contributions that are not selected for the workshops will however be posted on the Cartography for action on Climate Chance’s website.
Answer the following 2 criteria
- Currently a non-state actor: local governments and local authorities, companies, associations, unions, professional federations, non-governmental organisations, scientific organisations, donors, citizens committed to climate action in Africa
- Have an ongoing project that integrates one of the 9 themes listed above: Access to climate finance in Africa, Developing African cities in a sustainable way, Agriculture, food and reforestation in Africa, Renewable energy and energy efficiency in Africa, Mobility and sustainable transport in Africa, Adaptation and Water in Africa, Sustainable Building and Construction in Africa, Education and Training on Climate Change in Africa, Circular economy in Africa
Conditions of contribution
- The deadline for sending contributions is 31st May 2019.
- Contributions will be reviewed and selected by Climate Chance’s Scientific Committee.
- The list of selected contributions will be announced around 20th June 2019.
- Contributors are responsible for registering for the Climate Chance Africa Summit 2019.
- Contributors are also responsible for taking care of their travel and accommodation.
- Unselected contributions will not receive compensation benefits.
- The selected contributors authorise the Climate Chance Association to reuse and communicate their work, in compliance with copyright following the summit.
- The Climate Chance Summit Organizing Committee is the only decision-making body for all summit issues.
- For any questions about the organisation of the Climate Chance Africa Summit 2019: association[a]climate-chance.org
- For questions about the call for contributions to the Climate Chance Africa Summit 2019: contribution[a]climate-chance.org