Global Sector-based Synthesis Report of non-state climate action #ClimateChanceTalks
On the occasion of the release of the new Sector-based Synthesis Report of non-state climate action, Climate Chance organizes its #ClimateChanceTalks ! 4 days to debate with our panelists and analyze the main trends observed in this 3rd edition of this Synthesis Report issued from the Climate Chance Observatory.
“Climate Chance Talks” to present and discuss the key takeways from our Global Synthesis Report on Climate Action by Sector 2020
The Climate Chance Observatory releases the 2020 Edition of its Global Sector-based Synthesis Report of Climate Action and organizes, for this occasion, its week of #ClimateChanceTalks to exchange and cross points of view of different non-state actors around the trends and progress assessed for the last 3 years.
For this 3rd edition, the Climate Chance Observatory has dedicated its analysis to the impacts of COVID-19 on the sector-based climate strategies led by local governments, businesses and civil society around the world. In the 6 emissions sectors that we are analysing – energy production, transport, buildings, industries, waste and land use – the pandemic has turned the agendas upside down and many actors involved in the action against climate change are struggling to see a clear horizon and the « new normal ».
So… Has Covid accelerated or hampered climate strategies?
Press conference: Tuesday, December 8, 2:30pm
With Evelyne Huytebroeck, Member of Climate Chance Association ; Local councillor Forest-Brussels ; Former Regional Minister of environment, energy, renovation and social affairs in Brussels
Talk #1 – Opening Session – December 1st, 4pm-5:30pm
📍 On December 1st, join us at 4pm via Zoom for the launch of our week of #ClimateChanceTalks.
A round-table discussion moderated by Juliette Nouel, journalist and trainer at the Fresque du Climat.
Our panel of speakers who are climate action experts will discuss the following question: Has Covid accelerated or hampered climate strategies? A discussion based on the new analyses of our Climate Action Observatory.
Introduction : Ronan Dantec, President of the Climate Chance Association, climate spokesperson of UCLG and CEMR, Senator of Loire-Atlantique
Opening remarks : Laurence Tubiana, CEO European Climate Foundation (ECF)
Round table speakers:
- Johan Ransquin, Director of Adaptation, Development and Low Carbon Trajectories ADEME (French Environmental Agency).
- Gilles Vermot Desroches, Sustainability Senior Vice-President SCHNEIDER ELECTRIC
- Henri Waisman, Coordinator, Deep Decarbonization Pathways Project at the Institute for Sustainable Development and Internation Relations (IDDRI)
- Steven Heddle, Orkney Islands Council – Scotland, Environment and Economy Spokesperson at Convention of Scottish Local Authorities (COSLA)
- Anne Barre, Coordinator Gender & Climate Policy, Strategic Partnerships Women Engage for a Common Future (WECF), Women and Gender Constituency
Conclusion : Teresa Ribera, Minister for the Ecological Transition, Spain
Sector-based talks – from December 2nd to 4th at 11am and 3pm
From December 2nd to 4th, Climate Chance is holding thematic debates aiming to discuss key findings, for each major emitting sector.
What have been the impacts of Covid-19 on transport, energy, building, industry (textile), waste and land use? What major lessons can be drawn from these observations?
Climate Chance Talk #2 Transport
📍 Wednesday 2nd December 11:00 am – 12:00 pm
Moderated by: Concepcion Alvarez, Journalist at Novethic
- Nicolas Beaumont, Senior VP Sustainable Development and Mobility, Michelin
- Charlène Kouassi, Development Manager, Observatory for African Mobility (OMA)
- Guy Le Bras, Director General of GART (Groupement des Autorités Responsables de Transports)
Climate Chance Talk #3 Land use
📍 Wednesday 2nd December 3:00 – 4:00pm
Moderated by: Aude Valade, Scientist at Centre for International Cooperation in Agronomic Research (CIRAD)
- Marie-Ange Kalenga, Forests, Governance & Development Policy Advisor, FERN
- Angelina Davydova, Director of the Bureau of Environmental Information
- Florence Palla, Project coordinator of the Reinforcement and institutionalisation of the Observatory for Central African Forests (RIOFAC) project and the Observatory for Central African Forests (OFAC)
- Roman De Rafael, Research Manager Carbon Markets, EcoAct
Climate Chance Talk #4 Energy
📍 Thursday 3rd December 11:00 – 12:00 pm
Moderated by: Amaury Parelle, Coordinator Observatory Climate Chance
- Frédéric Boyer, Project Manager – Covenant of Mayors, Energy Cities
- Jean-Yves Grandidier, Founding President of Valorem
- Alain Mestre, Economic Analyst, Syndex and member of the support group of the French Citizen’s Convention on Climate
- Matthieu Auzanneau, Director, The Shift Project
Climate Chance Talk #5 Building sector
📍 Thursday 3rd December 3:00 – 4:00 pm
Moderated by: Concepcion Alvarez, Journalist at Novethic
- Elizabeth Chege, Chairperson at Kenya Green Buildings Society
- Olivier Rapf, Executive Director of the Building Performance Institute Europe
- Yves-Laurent Sapoval, Advisor for the Directorate for Housing, Urban Development and Landscapes, French Ministry of Ecological Transition
Climate Chance Talk #6 Waste
📍 Friday 4th December 11:00 – 12:00pm
Moderated by: Antoine Gillod, Research Officer at the Climate Chance Observatory
- Françoise Bonnet, Secretary General at ACR+
- Dominique Traineau, Circular Economy and Waste Direction at Ademe
- Sven Saura, Deputy Director for recycling and plastics, Veolia
Climate Chance Talk #7 Textile
📍 Friday 4th December 3:00 – 4:00 pm
Moderated by: Samuel Laval, Research Assistant at the Climate Chance Observatory
- Thomas Huriez, Founder and CEO of 1083
- Mirela Orlovic, Professor in Sustainable Luxury & Marketing at Science Po and Founder of UrbanMeisters
- Carry Somers, Founder and Global Operations Director, Fashion Revolution