What is it?
- A regional application of the methodology applied by the Global Climate Action Observatory, on the specific level of non-state actors on the African continent.
- A research and writing structure dedicated to the publication of analyses on climate action in Africa.
- A pilot project to establish partnerships and participate in consortia for the development of activities related to the measurement, monitoring, and evaluation of climate action in Africa.
- Analyzing the implementation of African non-state actors’ commitments and best practices in Africa in the climate sector.
- Mobilizing African communities with expertise in climate as early as 2022, particularly during the Week for Sustainable Mobility and Climate and COP27.
- Producing specific studies to provide keys to understanding climate action in Africa
- Developing projects in partnership with other actors
- Forests and Biodiversity
Published in 2023
Find here the analysis notes of the Climate Action Observatory in Africa
- IN AFRICA, GREENHOUSE GAS EMISSIONS FROM THE WASTE SECTOR INCREASE, DESPITE EFFORTS FROM LOCAL ACTORS
- 2022 – Official Launch of the Africa Observatory
1st special publications
Presentation of the African component of the Global Synthesis Report on climate action by sector
Mobilization of African climate expertise communities
- 2023 – Publication of analysis notes and case studies on climate action in Africa