Focus session: Access to climate finance and to the Green Climate Fund
Watch the replay of the Focus session:
This session will provide an update on the state of international financial flows to Africa, including its non-state actors. It will also provide an update on the status of the Green Climate Fund (GCF), who the beneficiaries are, what their feedback is after receiving funding, and what important developments are in store for the GCF.
Objective of the Focus session:
Where we stand in terms of accessibility of climate finance for non state actors in Africa, and especially the Green Climate Fund (GCF).
Main question: how are things evolving ?
By the moderator:
- Bernard Soulage, Secretary General of Climate Chance Association
The agenda of the Focus Session:
1 – Current situation
General overview of current international climate finance flows towards Africa
- Liane Schalatek, Associate Director of the Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung Washington, DC
Green Climate Fund (GCF) current situation of funds allocations, particularly in Africa
- Eduardo Freitas, Regional Director for Africa, Green Climate Fund
2 – Practitioners’ feedback
Feedback on GCF accreditation
- Al Hamdou Dorsouma, Director of climate change and green growth at the African Bank for Development TBC
Feedback from a country receiving GCF funding, Senegal
- Madeleine Diouf, Focal point of the Green Fund in Senegal, DEEC
The experience of AFD, an institution accredited to GCF
- Estelle Mercier, Deputy Head of the Climate Change Division at the French Development Agency
Civil society and women’s organization perspective
- Zenabou Segda, WEP Burkina, GCF Africa Gender Monitors.
3 – Opening to other topics
- Sophie De Coninck, Global Climate Facility Manager, Local Climate Adaptive Living Facility (LoCAL), United Nations Capital Development Fund (UNCDF).