How to plan our cities while adapting to the effects of climate change?
The consequences of climate change particularly affect urban environments: extreme weather phenomena, heat waves, flooding, etc. Urban planning is a key area for adaptation.
How can we provide responses tailored to various local contexts in situations where territories are unequally affected by the effects of climate change? What ambitious measures should be taken to support adapted city planning in Europe? Networks of local authorities, agencies and elected representatives will meet to discuss and develop concrete proposals.
Thematic draft proposals for the implementation of the European Green Deal
You can send your comments and recommendations to: contribution@climate-chance.
- Pascal Pras, Vice-President of Nantes Métropole and President of the Nantes Region Urban Planning Agency
- Brigitte Bariol-Mathais, General Delegate of the National Federation of Urban Planning Agencies (FNAU)
🔎 The Climate Chance Observatory’s lens
- Tania Martha Thomas, Research Officer at Climate Chance Observatory
Extracts from the Global Synthesis Report on local climate action 2022. Check out the publications here.
- Julia Hidalgo, CNRS Research Officer for the Laboratoire Interdisciplinaire Solidarités, Sociétés, Territoires (LISST) and Head of the ADEME-PAENDORA2 research project
- Margit Noll, Chair of the JPI Urban Europe Management Board at FFG
- Philippe Froissard, Head of the Future Urban & Mobility Systems Unit, Directorate General for Research and Innovation, and Director General of the European Commission’s “100 climate neutral and intelligent cities” programme (online)
- Cyril Roussel, Regional Coordinator of the European Life-ARTISAN project for the French Biodiversity Office of Pays de la Loire
- David Brehon, President of Air Pays de la Loire and Air, Climate, and Energy, contact person for ATMO France
- Sylvain Brillet, Director General of the Public Land Agency of New Aquitaine
- Anna Lisa Boni, Elected representative for European Funds, Ecological Transition and International Relations, Municipality of Bologna (Italy), former Secretary General of Eurocities (online)
- André Crocq, Vice-President of Rennes Métropole in charge of planning, territorial coordination and cooperation, and President of Audiar (Rennes Urban Planning Agency)
- Hasse Goosen, Director, Climate Adaptation Services