Overview of the project
Micro gardening entails of market gardening on a table. It requires inexpensive technology as materials and inputs are salvaged and readily available to everyone. An alternative to the disappearance of agricultural land and lack of water, micro gardening is a sustainable agriculture contributing to the food and nutritional security of vulnerable groups.
Moreover, in a city like Dakar where concrete dominates and green spaces are lacking, micro gardening sites are real green lungs and contribute to the regreening of the capital.
With micro gardening, the consumption of fresh and healthy vegetables is possible for underprivileged families. The health, ecological, economic and even educational impacts are real.
The fight against poverty through income generation.
- 10,000 people trained
- 5,000 culture pots distributed
- 134 community production sites
- 12 training and demonstration centres
- 19 municipalities
- Better health of populations
- A more balanced and healthy diet
- Improvement of incomes and thus the quality of living conditions of vulnerable people
- Reduction of greenhouse gases
Funding comes from the city of Milan.