Overview of the project
Eco-Tri Senegal is a waste prevention and management startup whose objective is to give populations better access to waste management services. This startup relies on proximity and support. On the one hand, this involves raising awareness among the population and, on the other hand, setting up a simple and local waste management system. Eco-Tri offers garbage collection services at home, with the use of garbage bags and advisors to subscribing households and businesses. It assists its clients in reducing waste and in selective sorting. It also guarantees the routing of garbage to fight against illegal dumping and open-air incineration of garbage.
Develop a responsible waste management model to improve the living environment and health of the population.
February 13, 2018 / still in progress
The project has resulted in:
- Connect 150 households to the garbage collection circuit,
- Sensitized 5,000 households on the negative consequences of illegal dumping and mismanagement of garbage.
Thanks to our daily collection operations, we have diverted several tons of waste from illegal dumping which is now sent to the normal dumping sites.
About 50 households are starting to practice selective sorting and 150 households have a better sense of responsibility in terms of waste management. We have created 5 direct jobs and 4 indirect jobs in seven months of activity.
Households benefit from better access to the waste prevention and management service. This is a regular and local service that ensures the frequent delivery of garbage. This contributes to better hygiene in households and businesses and to a better living environment. This service avoids the development of illegal dumping, and the pollution of the environment by waste. The cleaning agents who often work in precarious conditions benefit from better protection and working conditions.
In 2017, we started the project with our own funds.
In 2018, we received our first grant from EQWIP HUBS.
In 2020, we received a loan from the OVO syndicate, under the Sustainable Technology for Africa project.
Eco-Tri Senegal is a waste prevention and management startup. It develops responsible models for waste prevention and management based on three components:
- Ecological by reducing the pollution of the environment by waste;
- Educational, to sensitize the population to become consumers. This involves training sessions in waste prevention and management, circular economy;
- Economic by the creation of many green jobs and a local economy on the management of waste difficult to relocate. This implies training sessions in waste prevention and management
- COMMUNE OF SAINT-LOUIS
- COMMUNE OF GANDON