Overview of the project
The CÉODD (The Student Committee on Sustainable Development Goals) is a new organisational structure deployed by the Interdisciplinary Research Centre for Operationalisation of Sustainable Development (CIRODD) . Composed of interdisciplinary graduate students, the CÉODD’s mission is to raise awareness of the content and issues of the SDGs among students, experts and the general public throughout Quebec. In order to do so, the Committee wishes, in 2022, to carry out knowledge sharing activities and develop thematic content related to the theoretical and applied aspects of the SDGs. Thus, the CÉODD is positioning itself as the first inter-university student organization in Quebec specifically dedicated to the democratization of key knowledge on the SDGs and their operationalization.
To achieve its mission, the CÉODD has developed a varied program of activities for the first year of its mandate. In this regard, the Committee is currently working on the drafting of a popularisation document on the operationalisation of the SDGs. This material will take the form of a series of thematic fact sheets, each of which will focus on a specific SDG. These sheets will be shared with the CIRODD community and the general public later this year. In addition to the fact sheets, a series of podcasts will be produced and distributed. These podcasts will highlight the work of CIRODD researchers, as well as initiatives for implementing the SDGs in the field. The CÉODD will also set up panels dedicated to mobilizing experts, field actors and members of civil society to discuss the obstacles and levers related to the achievement of the SDGs in the territories.
To mobilise the CIRODD student community to disseminate knowledge on the SDGs (Sustainable Development Goals) to various audiences.
03/01/2022 – project still on going.
As the CEODD is currently in the early stages of implementation, no quantitative results have yet been achieved. However, targets for the year 2022 have been set in the Committee’s strategy sheet:
– Development of an outreach material on the SDGs: five thematic sheets;
– Organisation of two knowledge sharing events;
– Writing a chapter in an CIRODD collective book on the SDGs;
– Production of a series of podcasts on the SDGs in Quebec (5 episodes);
– Production of a café scientifique.
Being at the beginning of the implementation phase of the CÉODD, no qualitative results have been achieved. However, the following targets are listed:
– To mobilise the CIRODD student community around a rich programme of activities;
– To increase the knowledge of students and experts affiliated with CIRODD on the theoretical basis of the SDGs and their operationalisation;
– Democratize knowledge on the SDGs in order to raise public awareness of the challenges of the socio-ecological transition;
– Develop collaborations with organisations working on the SDGs at local, national and international levels;
– Support CIRODD’s efforts in building a cross-sectoral community of practice and research on the SDGs.
The project is financed by CIRODD funds. .
CIRODD is a research and reference centre on the operationalisation of sustainable development whose mission is to support the socio-ecological transition through sustainable innovation and transdisciplinarity. The group mobilizes 90 researchers and 300 students from 18 Quebec educational institutions. Since 2020, its support programmes have funded 17 research partnerships. CIRODD has also created the “Transformational Projects” initiative with the target of contributing, by 2026, to 20 field projects that will forge the Quebec of tomorrow. In 2021, CIRODD and its partners launched the first edition of the Summer School on Societal Transformation aimed at developing the essential skills needed to promote the achievement of the SDGs in a municipal context.