Virtuous, simple and healthy, the practice of cycling is not yet widespread enough in the cities of the South. There are many reasons for this, including road safety, quality of infrastructure, high acquisition costs and taxes, the unsuitability of vehicles to the characteristics of the territory, and the collective imagination that the car is the proof of social success. With this session, we offer the opportunity to recall how much the ecosystem around the bicycle is the bearer of decisive environmental, social and economic values.
- Loubna Zouari, Deputy Mayor of Mahdia in charge of international partnerships
- Baye Cheikh Sow, Founder, Sama Vélo
- Andy Costa, President MyDREAM for Africa
- Gladys Nyachieo, Chercheuse, Multi Media University of Kenya
- Emmanuel John, Vice-President, World Cycling Alliance
- Stephan Bendiks, Director, Artgineering
- Marie-Hélène Chapel, Communications Manager, CODATU