Overview of the project
Coaching local actors, namely representatives of municipalities, public structures, private structures, civil society, youth activists and local media to participate in local climate action through the preparation and implementation of their local climate plans and this through a series of activities:
- Meetings with local actors
- Information sharing based on online discussions for youth activists and local journalists will build their capacity on climate change concerns and interests in order to involve them in the different activities of the program.
- Capacity building workshops: these workshops will allow the coaching of the different local actors already mobilized during the meetings to prepare the framework for the implementation of climate action in the cities they represent.
- Debates around themes that are related to local, national and international climate action will be aimed primarily at local and national actors so that they become more involved in climate action.
- LCA platform: This platform allows to centralize information related to climate action at the local level.
- Local climate action guide: this guide describes the different steps of the implementation of local climate action and shares the experience of the 4 cities that were the subject of the first phase of the LCA program.
The "Local Climate Action" program is part of the implementation of the climate governance process at the local level with the aim of enabling local actors to contribute to national climate change efforts through a structured dialogue with different local, regional and national stakeholders.
- 4 Local Climate Plans for 4 cities
- LCA platform: This platform allows to centralize information related to climate action at the local level. https://lca-tunisia.org/
- Guide to local climate action: this guide describes the different stages in the implementation of local climate action and shares the experience of the 4 cities that were the subject of the first phase of the LCA program.
The consideration of local climate plans by the AND of the Green Climate Fund – Tunisia.
Supported by the hbs Tunis Foundation.
Municipality of Mahres
Municipality of Safx
Municipality of Mateur
Municipality of Menzel Abdrahman
Municipality of Djerba ajim
Municipality of Djerba Houmet essouk
Municipality of Boussalem
Municipality of Ain Drahem