Overview of the project
House of Democracy has an unwavering passion for democracy, human rights and youth. It is for this reason that we have come up with the Earth First Project which whose objective is to contribute significantly to a safer future for the youth.
The Earth First Conference set to be held on 15th February, 2023 is set to bring state and non-state actors together in a bid to achieve the following project objectives :
- To allow the youth to interact with climate experts on the impact of climate change.
(including experts from international organizations and local organizations, government representatives from Ministry of Green Economy and Environment, etc.)
- To transmit knowledge to the youth on what role they can play in achieving global, regional and local climate goals.
- To propose the creation of Plastic Collection Squares (PCS) in selected schools in Lusaka
(the first PCS will be created from the 10 Secondary Schools and 5 Universities that will be invited for the conference).
- The collected plastics will be sold to local manufacturers and the proceeds will be used to fund school organized climate change awareness programs.
- From the 15 schools, 2 representatives will be invited to participate at the conference.
International speakers will join the conference virtually.
To allow the youth to interact with climate experts on the impact of climate change and their role in achieving global, regional and local climate goals. And, to propose the creation of Plastic Collection Squares (PCS) in selected schools in Lusaka.
Founded in 2021, House of Democracy is an organization dedicated to creating a space for society-especially the youth who are often marginalized in decision making bodies-to find solutions to the problems of our times by giving their perspectives on matters. We advocate for good governance and human rights, create awareness on human rights and civic participation through social programs and contribute to creating a society in which young people face the future with confidence.
We also create a public platform for policy discussion and analysis, provide leadership training and capacity building to young leaders in Zambia and make dreams come true.