Overview of the project
The objectives of this initiative are:
- To improve the Integral Plan for Sustainable Urban Mobility (PIMUS)
- To update PIMUS information to generate comprehensive mobility for the metropolis, where accessible, economical, efficient and safe modes of transport exist.
- To generate the Origin-Destination Survey (project called Metropolitan Travel Analysis).
- To generate a tool that gathers data on urban mobility in the AMG through a mobile application
To improve sustainable urban mobility in Guadalajara Metropolitan Area.
The main expected result is the Sustainable Urban Mobility Plan of the MAG, which will contain the updated diagnosis of the current situation of urban mobility, strategic projects and articulation with metropolitan urban planning.
The purpose of the Metropolitan Planning Institute is to prepare and propose planning instruments for the correct and integral growth and development of the metropolitan area, along with studies and project proposals that help the same purpose.
Among these instruments are the following:
- Metropolitan Development Planning Program (PDM)
- Metropolitan Land Planning (POTmet)
- Metropolitan Information and Management System (SIGmetro)
- Integral Risk and Resilience Management System
in collaboration /div>