Overview of the project
The educational farm aims to build a social, educational and cultural space raising awareness of sustainable development by making it a green, joyful and motivating place. We wish to introduce children to nature through gardening activities, also with the aim of creating nature therapy. To do this, we need all the local necessities but unfortunately we lack equipment and functional space for training targeted for educators, which is a major hindrance to the overall expansion of the project.
Make environmental education a resource for therapy.
Objectives to be achieved:
- To develop in each child a positive attitude towards his or her environment.
- To create a positive relationship between the child and the land, as well as an original space of belonging, work, education and creativity.
- Learning in the green space allowed the children to become more independent. The aim of this learning, unlike any other, was to encourage the pupils to have direct experiences with nature.
- Discovery and manual work are proposed to the children who become actors of their learning. Thanks to these days spent outdoors, they become accustomed to being autonomous and free.
- Develop self-confidence and self-discipline.
- Develop concentration.
- To encourage the child’s constant curiosity, etc.
Voluntary work and donations.
The Integrated Center for Children and Youth is a state institution run by the services of the Ministry of Women, Family and Children in Tunisia. The centre consists of a director, four administrative members, twenty educators, a social worker, a psychologist, twenty workers and a driver. It is a space equipped to receive children in difficulty; intended for nearly 150 children and adolescents aged between 6 and 25 years old who are in difficult situations: abandoned children, orphans, children from very poor families, street children, any child who has suffered from abandonment, a bad social life, mistreatment, parental violence, or sexual or physical abuse.