Overview of the project
- on one side, it requires large businesses (but also all economic actors that use natural resources such as hotels, agricultural companies etc, to commit to integrating biodiversity into their global development strategies and then, to contribute to fulfilling the objectives defined by the national and international community on biodiversity
- and which, above all, must be really engaged on a local level in order to encourage the mobilization and empowerment of all stakeholders, beyond those of the company.
Promoting biodiversity conservation for companies thanks to dialogue between multi-actors stakeholders, firstly on local level (Rural community of Fimela, Senegal) by a group of businesses committed to promoting CSR.
- Private sector actors:
- Representatives of local economic actors
- Representatives of micro and small industries in the Agriculture sector using local goods
- Representatives of large businesses with strong environmental impacts (roads, bridges, petrol, mining...)
- Representatives of large businesses of services currently evolving in the Delta of River Saloum (such as electricity, bank, telecommunication...)
- Public and local authorities and institutions
- Actors from Civil Society that are evolving in the domain of biodiversity conservation on local and national level.
- Create a real dynamic to protect, value and restore biodiversity
- Raising businesses' awareness on Biodiversity Conservation issues and the reduction of their environmental impacts (mainly those on the Delta of River Saloum).
- Sharing the experiences of large companies in the domain of prevention and environmental risks as well as the appropriate measures
- Strengthening capacities between enterprises and local actors on facilating tools implemented through local strategies in order to preserve biodiversity and sustainable development (norm ISO 260000, Agenda 21, Strategic Environmental test etc).
- Créer auprès des entreprises et des acteurs locaux une véritable dynamique collective pour protéger, valoriser et restaurer la biodiversité.
- Sensibiliser les entreprises sur les enjeux de la préservation de la Biodiversité et de la réduction de leurs impacts environnementaux, en particulier au niveau du Delta du Fleuve Saloum.
- Partager les expériences des grandes entreprises dans le domaine de la prévention des risques environnementaux et les mesures appropriées (incitations, atténuations, réhabilitations, compensations, etc…).
- Renforcer les capacités des entreprises et des acteurs locaux sur des outils facilitant la mise en oeuvre de stratégies locales de préservation de la biodiversité et développement durable (norme ISO 26000, Agenda 21, Evaluation Environnementale Stratégique, etc…).
- Raising large companies' internet in deplouing the area of the Saloum River Delta Community Engagement projects responding to environmental and tourism issues. Other objectives ((impact on local tourism):
- Promoting the area and its tourism potential to managers and executives
- Generating financial resources for local economic actors (hoteliers and suppliers)
Privat sector contributions (companies committed to the CSR approach)