Overview of the project
Ecopark Ihrir oasis *
Our goal is to revitalize the place and make it an environmental and cultural space, which will welcome researchers, artists and intellectuals, in the middle of the greenery of the desert. A kind of refuge made of ecological constructions in the middle of an eco-park, for research and actions for the preservation of fragile ecosystems (oasis and wetlands), in pure relaxation.
It is the environment and culture that will watch over the development of ecological tourism from now on in the oasis of Ihrir and its surroundings. The Aedd centre will become the ideal place for those who want to retreat, to be with their fellow human beings, in a very special atmosphere.
Center dedicated to nature.
Start 01/10/2019, End 10/2022
The first part of the training was completed.
14 young forms.
Construction of the first pilot eco dome.
The first part was funded by the Algerian oil company.
Areas of intervention :
- Preservation of drylands and wetlands
- Fight against desertification
- Preservation of biodiversity
- Rational management of natural resources: water, soil…
- Awareness: waste management, elimination of pollution sources…
- Eco citizenship.
Objectives of the AEDD:
To work for the sustainable development of the Oases by:
- Raising awareness on environmental issues
- Exchange of experience and synergy with our different partners.
- Advocating for another approach to the development of oases.
- Working for the establishment of other development alternatives such as agroecology, responsible tourism …
Role of the AEDD:
As an association, the AEDD has initiated a number of actions to develop reflection and debate on issues related to sustainable development.