Overview of the project
The aim is to promote solar solutions and sustainable production methods through a training programme on decentralised solar technologies for 40 young women technicians, as well as training in management, marketing, leadership and integration of energy transition issues for 600 women members of food production cooperatives.
These women will be able to actively contribute to sustainable development within the policies of their territories. Their actions will illustrate WECF’s international advocacy for the inclusion of gender in climate policies and SDGs.
Development of a local renewable energy sector through the creation of women's energy cooperatives benefiting argan, agricultural and fisheries production structures.
05/11/2019 - 28/02/2023
- 40 young women technicians trained in the manufacture of solar cookers and dryers
- 2 prototypes validated
- 3 energy cooperatives founded in the cities of Agadir and Tetouan
- 120 women members of argan and food cooperatives involved in a capacity building programme (management, e-commerce, partnerships, sustainable production and energy transition) with the aim of passing on to their peers
- Construction of technical training programmes on solar dryers and cookers with French and Moroccan partners
- Elaboration of a programme
- Improving the living conditions and income of women and their families by supporting them in mastering management tools and energy solutions that improve the profitability of agricultural and fisheries production cooperatives.
- Supporting 600 women (30 cooperatives),
- Contributing to the implementation of the PTRC of the Souss Massa and Tangier-Tetouan regions
- Contributing to the implementation of the Paris Agreement by integrating gender through the valorisation and international capitalisation of the actions carried out.