Overview of the project
The purpose of this Million Trees for Sustainable Development Project is to take positive action to mitigate climate change, and protect the environment, while contributing towards the achievement of Sustainable Development Goals.
Our actions are:
- Raising awareness by planting trees in schools, and all public spaces within communities to green the environment
- Planting fruit trees in schools, and educate the younger generation on importance of greening the environment to mitigate climate change, and contribute to sustainable development
The project is having positive impacts, and is inspiring others to join and support to keep the environment clean and green.
The purpose of this Million Trees for Sustainable Development Project is to take positive action to mitigate climate change, protect the environment, and contribute towards the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals.
05/22/2018 to 01/02/2030
We have been able to:
- Plant over 1000 fruit trees
- Educate over 1000 students in different schools about going green, especially planting trees to mitigate climate change and protect the environment
The project is affecting lives positively, and is also helping transform communities through education; and by planting fruit trees, members of the different communities, and students are gaining experience, and learning about the 17 Sustainable Development Goals.
Self-financed and donations from family and friends.
Asaase Green Project is a grassroots organization that applies permaculture principles, and uses appropriate technologies to provide sustainable solutions to basic and environmental problems in communities. The goals is to help keep the environment clean and green, while contributing towards the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals.
We are currently:
- Planting trees in schools, communities, and public spaces to mitigate climate change and protect the environment.
- Setting up raised-bed gardens in homes, and within communities to produce organic food to combat hunger and malnutrition.
- Educate citizens on the importance of recycling waste to reduce plastics pollution.
Our flagship program is called Million Trees for Sustainable Development, which helps us connect with students and citizens, and empower them to plant fruit trees to green and sustain the environment.
- Origins Permaculture education and research centre
- Slow food
- Global Ecovillage Network