Climate Chance at COP24 – The programme
Climate Chance attends COP24, 24th UN conference on climate change. The association will present its first report of the Global Observatory of Non-State Climate Action and will highlight the dynamics driven by the African coalitions launched during the Summit in Abidjan in June 2018. Find below the details of our events!
07/12, 2/30pm – 4:00pm, African Development Bank Pavilion : Side-event “Addressing Climate Change and Sanitation Issues across Africa”
Co-organisation AWF/AFDB, UNICEF, The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
Among speakers: Mame Bousso Faye (ENDA and member of Climate Chance Association)
08/12, noon, Room Katowice, Area F – Theatre : Presentation of the Report of the Global Observatory on Non-State Climate Action (press conference)
- Ronan Dantec, Senator, President of Climate Chance
- Andreas Wolter, Mayor of Cologne, President of Climate Alliance
- Ian Cochran, PhD- Senior Advisor Governance, Investment & Climate, Institute For Climate Economics (I4CE)
Live video will be available below this link on this webpage of UNFCCC
08/12, 1:30pm – 3pm, French Pavilion : side-event « COP23-COP24 : a year of implementation for the Partnership MobiliseYourCity »
Organized by MobiliseYourCity
Year 2018 was intense for the Partnership MobiliseYourCity. Projects and methodolical framework have being improved. This side-event will take stock of the actions led since COP23.
Spekers: Paulina Potemski, Chair of the Steering committee of MobiliseYourCity (MTES) ; Cécile Gracy, ADEME ; Andy Costa, bike ambassador in Africa ; Representative of TUMI – Transformative Urban Mobility Initiative (à définir) ; Ronan Dantec, President of Climate Chance.
8/12, 2:30pm, EU Pavillion, Room Brussels : Side-event “Building partnerships and tracking progress – role of non-state and subnational actors”
Co-organisation Climate Chance, European Economic and Social Committee (EESC), and German Development Institute (DIE)
Presentation of the Report of the Global Observatory on Non-State climate action and insights of the UNFCCC Yearbook of Global Climate Action
More information here
11/12, 4pm – 5:30pm, French Pavilion : Side-event “Which economy for adaptation to climate changes?”
Organized by the Comité 21.
Participation of Ronan Dantec, president of Climate Chance ; Pierre Victoria, Director of sustainable development Veolia ; Amy Dahan, mathematician and historian of french sciences, research director at CNRS ; Bettina Laville, President of Comité 21.
12/12, 2pm – 3:30pm, French Pavilion : Presentation of the Report of the Global Observatory on Non-State Climate Action.
- Ronan Dantec, President of Climate Chance
- Antoine Gillod, Climate Chance Observatory
- Nathalie Le Denmat, Head of evaluation and learning department AFD
- Luc Gnacadja, former Minister of Environment of Benin, former executive secretary of the UNCCD
- Sarah Strack, Deputy Executive Director, Climate Action Network – International (CAN-I)
- Aurélie Jardin, Schneider Electric
- Eva Banos Guisasola, CEMR
- Simeran Bachra, Deputy Senior Manager for Cities, States and Regions, CDP
- Ian Cochran, PhD- Senior Advisor Governance, Investment & Climate, Institute For Climate Economics
- Maryke Van Staden, ICLEI
12/12, 3pm-4:30pm – Room 6, Bieszczady: “Structuring and enhancing climate action in African cities and territories to support the implementation of Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs)”
Co-organisation : ENERGIES 2050, United Cities and Local Governments of Africa (UCLG Africa), The Council of European Municipalities and Regions in Europe (CCRE/CEMR) and the Climate Chance Association.
This side-event will present the action plan of the UCLG-Africa climate change task force to support climate action in African cities and territories.
- Tomasz Chruzczow, Special envoy for climate – Special envoy for climatechange – High Level Climate Champion COP24 ;
- Jean-Pierre Elong Mbassi, General Secretary United Cities and Local Governments of Africa (UCLG Africa) ;
- Ronan Dantec, French Senator, President of Climate Chance ;
- Seyni Nafo, Representative of the African Climate Negotiators Group & Coordinator of African initiatives – UCLG Africa Climate Change Task Force co-President.
More information here
12/12, 3:30pm-5pm, French Pavilion : “Evaluation of climate action: which practices among the stakeholders involved in development?”.
Participation of Vanessa Laubin, Executive Director Climate Chance.
13/12, 5:00pm, Katowice Philharmonic: Climate Chance Steering Committee, followed by a convivial evening
With both objectives of a general review of the achievements of Climate Chance in 2018 and a stronger involvement of the current partners and new actors in our 2019 activities, Climate Chance organizes a Steering Committee, followed by a convivial evening, at COP24 in Katowice. We hope that many of you will attend.
More information here
KINDLY CONFIRM YOUR PRESENCE BY CLICKING ON THE FOLLOWING LINK