Overview of the project
Climate Action Campaign Tracker – CACT – is a program through which Youth Foundation of Bangladesh identifies young individuals, who are committed and enthusiastic about environment and climate change. By tracking and connecting them through our campaign, we help share ideas and initiatives that can prepare the whole nation to face the climate crisis.
The program activities include organizing seminars, national and international day celebrations, international events, and workshop at different schools, colleges, universities, and institutions around the world.
Climate Action Campaign Tracker is a program designed to help people become aware about climate action, and help them take part. We seek to engage a large number of young people in order to tackle climate changes issues, as we recognize the power of the youth.
Project still in progress
- CACT is an initiative in which every sector participates
- It is designed to ensure the participation of all educational institutions across Bangladesh, through an array of activities in various governmental, including local, and non-governmental organizations
- In addition, our initiative is working to confirm the involvement of international organizations to operate at the international level
The CACT program activities are grouped under Survey & Research, Workshops, Seminars, Campaigns, Rallies, and Game Shows, which help people better understand climate change related information, and confirm their participation.
We launched the program in 2020, before the pandemic, thanks to local sponsors.
Youth Foundation of Bangladesh (YFB) is a non-governmental, non-profit, and non-political voluntary Youth organization. It was established on 19th October, 2009, from the initiation of a group of young minds, who are social-oriented, who aim to confirm youth engagement in the relevant of social aspect, youth development, and youth self-actualization in order to change the socio-economic, to exchange culture, make people aware to change and develop, and improve Bangladesh.
Areas we are actively involved in:
- Food Security & Agriculture
- Health & Sanitation
- Sports & Culture
- Gender Equality
- Clean Water
- Unemployment & Entrepreneurship
- Industrial Sustainability
- Urban & Rural development
- River, Ocean & costal ecosystem
- Energy & sustainable consumption
- Climate change & Environment
- Human Rights
- Humanitarian & Disaster response
- Research, Survey & Training
- Peace & Justice
We are working with various educational institutions, local government, community based organizations as assistants with these activities.
We encourage all types of organizations, including national and international financial institutions to get involved in this program.