Overview of the project
Congo Carbo Industry’s project focuses on the efficient production of charcoal in a semi-artisanal and industrial manner from planted forests and sawmill waste. The project has a complementary component, the production of electricity from pyrolysis gases.
Charcoal production/ electricity production/ creation of industrial forests/ emission of carbon credits under REDD+.
At this stage, the results obtained are:
- Choice of technologies;
- Product development;
- Market identification; and
- Building a network of partners.
The expected results are:
- Improvement in the efficiency of the carbonisation process;
- Improvement of charcoal quality;
- Contribution to reducing the arduous work of coal workers;
- Introduction of furnaces with a high yield of 35 – 40% instead of 12 – 18%; and
- Fight against deforestation.
Own funds/ subsidies/ technical assistance from the CTCN.
Congo Carbo Industrie (Congo Carbo Industry) is a private enterprise project that focuses on sustainable charcoal processing. Our charcoal is produced from planted trees and sawmill waste. In addition to our commitment to using only renewable resources, we also plant more than 100,000 hectares in order to secure our raw material by preserving the natural rainforest. Thanks to our ambition, the project addresses both the mitigation aspect, avoiding the release of harmful gases into the atmosphere. At the same time, the project also supports countries’ adaptation needs.