Overview of the project
The initiative is to recycle and recover municipal waste and organic household waste using several methods. These include methanisation, composting and bioenergy. The first step is to collect the waste, after which it is recycled, i.e. sorted or treated for a specific use. In the end, this waste will be recovered in several forms depending on the methods described above. Ultimately, the waste collected in the city is recycled and then recovered for other environmentally-friendly uses.
The aim is to recycle and recover municipal waste and organic waste through methanisation, composting and bioenergy. It also aims to reduce insalubrity in the city, which accelerates global warming. Finally, it aims to promote renewable energies through the energy transition, which is important for reducing waste and creating green jobs.
Project still in congress
- Nearly a tonne of waste is recycled and recovered every month.
- Nearly 500kg of charcoal produced each month (For the moment, we are only concentrating on producing charcoal).
- Nearly 50 households and 50 braiseuses use this product for their various cooking needs.
- Some of the products obtained from recycling are on the market, ready to be used.
- The city is gradually regaining its cleanliness and clarity.
- Collection points have been set up to reduce rubbish dumping.
- The main recycling product has received so much positive feedback from the various users.
This project was financed from our own funds. Funds from the project owner's savings and some family donations.