Overview of the project
As part of the fight against climate change and the adaptation policies needed to implement structuring projects for low-carbon and resilient development, ATEC is implementing an ambitious energy and ecological transition programme called “COP Climate Solutions”.
This is being carried out in partnership with the Entreprise Ivoirienne de Services et d’Import/Export (EISIE,) and in collaboration with the Association Ivoirienne des Energies Renouvelables et de l’Efficacité Energétique (AIENR) through its members (14 local SMEs).
This programme benefits all sectors of economic and social life in Côte d’Ivoire with the goal of a profound transformation of our modes of production, consumption, work and living together, as well as the rapid improvement of living conditions, both in urban and rural areas, in accordance with the priority actions of the Ivorian government, and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Focusing on promotional actions, public lighting, and the implementation of structuring projects, “Solutions COP Climat” will be developed around the concept of “Low Carbon and Zero Waste Electrical and Electronic Lighting,” and will pay particular attention to lighting, which, according to the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP,) is the simplest, most efficient and cost-effective way to achieve our energy transition.
Identification and implementation of structuring projects for low carbon development
Prospective study, market survey
06/01/2021 - project still in progress
- Development of a framework for planning actions in line with the Paris Agreement
- Establishment of a process for the implementation of the programme
- Communication and information about the initiative
- Establishment of a process for evaluating the implementation of the initiative, communicating on its progress, and updating action planning
- Communication and information actions
- Mobilisation of stakeholders in progress (green SMEs, institutional players, local authorities, industries, etc.)
- Mobilisation of technical partners
The project is financed from its own funds for the preliminary phases.
The project is self-financed for the preliminary steps.
The Consulting Agency for Energy Transition and Climate (Agence Conseil pour la Transition Energétique et le Climat – ATEC) is a private climate change and environmental communication institution. It aims to act in favour of climate and environmental causes.
A limited liability company (SARL), its areas of action are:
- Implementation of projects in the fields of energy management and the promotion of renewable energies
- Sustainable environmental management
- Waste management
- Soil preservation
- The transition to a circular economy
- Air quality
- The fight against food waste
- Sustainable development at the local level by making its expertise and advisory capacities available to local authorities, public authorities, industries, SMEs, etc. and the general public
It will thus contribute to the implementation of concrete actions to fight against greenhouse gas emissions and global warming.