Overview of the project
Why this project?
The cleanliness of our country, Senegal, concerns everyone, so it is important to motivate the population to get more involved. The winter season always comes with its puddles, but above all with its diseases endangering our fellow citizens, so the idea of this project is to face this phenomenon through hiphop. Salif Fall, known as the artist RedLion, who is well known for his music, which is essentially about raising awareness, uses his status as an artist with his fan clubs to lead this fight. Since the third year, we have decided to make it an international festival during which other African countries are the guests of honour.
Objectives of the Festival :
- To provide a better living environment for the population by using culture as a tool for awareness raising and sharing
- Raise awareness of environmental issues among the population
- Create awareness among the population by involving them in the activities
- Raise awareness among the younger generation (children) through creative workshops
- Participate in the empowerment of some young people through practical training (e.g. creation of armchairs and other accessories through tyres)
- To offer a framework for meeting, exchange, learning and sharing through the installation of the festival village
- To encourage artistic collaborations
- Encourage fashion designers and musical artists on environmental issues through a concert and a thematic fashion show
To offer the population a better living environment by using urban cultures as a lever for awareness-raising and sharing.
23/11/2022 - 26/11/2022
Edition 2018 – 2021
- 4 awareness-raising sounds, one theme per commune with local artists: Guédiawaye – Pikine –
- Neighbourhoods cleaned in the following communes: Guédiawaye – Pikine – Medina- Parcelles assainies – Colobane – Mbao – Soumbedioune Beach
- Painting and graffiti sessions in the following communes: Guédiawaye – Pikine – Medina
- Sensitized populations who have committed themselves to improving their living environment
- Mural paintings that aim to raise awareness of environmental issues
- More collaboration between urban artists
- 65 temporary jobs created
- Public benches made from recycled objects
- Festive moments and communions offered to local populations
The first edition was a success and had the participation of several artists, including 17 artists who recorded four awareness-raising songs.
Three communes benefited from cleaning, painting and graffiti, as well as cultural activities, public conferences and the grand closing concert held at the Medina.
For the year 2019, the project was held
- twice in Mbao in partnership with Leuz Diwan J, once in the Parcelles Assainies
- in the Medina and
- at Soumbedioune beach.
We have also supported other initiatives in this direction. 4events was also very involved in the World Clean Up Day.
The project was funded with the support of the Urban Culture Development Fund.
HIPHOP ENVIRONMENTAL is a project initiated by 4events. The main objective of the project is to offer a better living environment to the population while using Hiphop as a main lever for awareness and sharing.
For each edition, our main activities are :
- Cleaning of different spaces
- Recovery of space
- Live graffiti with awareness raising messages
- Panels on environmental issues
- Initiation of children to the creation of toys through recycled objects
- Creation of public benches using recycled objects
– Town hall of the HLM commune
– Blaise Senghor Cultural Centre
– Directorate of Land Management
– Diwane G Management