A transition towards a clean, participatory and decentralised energy model that puts the citizen at its centre
ORU Fogar aims to bring together the regions throughout the world to identify their concerns, to work on joint proposals, and to make their voices heard.
Overview of the project
The Government has approved the bases to constitute the National Pact for the energy transition that design the path of commitment to new technologies, a signal in favor of the digitalization of the distribution network as a key and indispensable element to make the transition possible.
With such a country pact that defines and designs the energy model, ORU Fogar wants to choose new technologies that will bring a change in the energy model, in the regulations and tax mechanisms that perpetuate the current, centralized model that is based on fossil and nuclear technologies, and with high externalities on society, health and the environment.
The good practice consists of promoting the energy transition towards a clean, participatory and decentralised model. It includes the process of approval of the Pact for the Energy Transition of Catalonia, and two of its main programmes of action:
- the promotion of photovoltaic solar self-consumption
- the implementation of a network of infrastructures for rapid recharge to promote electric vehicles
To promote the energy transition towards a clean, participatory and decentralised model
2018 - project still in progress
- 400 semi-fast recharging stations in urban networks and shopping centers
- 100 fast recharging points with public and direct access from the road network
- 5.8 million euros to promote electric mobility
With the process of approval of the Pact for the Energy Transition of Catalonia, and two of its main programmes of action, there are also:
- An Action Plan for the development of charging infrastructure for electric vehicles
- A Catalonia’s Pact for Energy Transition
- A real-time online map viewer (google maps) of the available recharging stations
- A round table to promote photovoltaic self-consumption in Catalonia
- The campaign, “Produce and Consume Your Own Energy, Self-consumption Allows You to Do It” (SOLARCAT Strategy)
The project is funded through promoting public-private collaboration projects; the energy efficiency and renewable energy funds of the Juncker Plan and the European Investment Bank; Crowdfunding and Crowdlending; public budgets; with finalist fiscal policy of partial assumption of the environmental and social externalities of the use of fossil fuels and uranium.
ORU Fogar‘s goal is to build a global governance, in which regions count and their voices are heard, and to work for the regions.
We represent the intermediate governments in all the organisations that have a direct impact on the quality of life of their populations, in a spirit of loyal cooperation with the municipal power.
In 2018, ORU Fogar won the annual Best Practices Award from the government of Catalonia (Spain): it’s aimed at promoting and encouraging good practices currently being implemented by regional governments, and that seek to improve the quality of services provided to citizens.
There are three working groups established to promote the implementation of SDGs in regions: food sovereignty, sustainable development, and development cooperation.