Overview of the project
Education is what enables communities to face current global challenges such as Climate Change, consumption patterns, deforestation etc. In that respect, the EDUFFOD is led by RAEDD.
In the framework Global Action Programme of UNESCO on Sustainable Development Education in Cameroon, the EDUFFEDD project has:
- organised 5 seminars on capacity building
- impacted 80 primary and secondary schools
- equipped over 1,000 teachers with sustainable development education
- reached out to over 10,000 pupils
- mobilised over 300 eco-delegates
- had a positive impact on 4 pilot schools (3 secondary and 1 primary) across 4 countries (Cameroon, Morocco, Ivory Coast, Kenya and Benin)
In this perspective, this collaborative project consists of implementing SDG-related educational practices with support of civil society and partners. And all by encouraging the link between SDGs from nursery to University with the hope that everyone appropriates these terms (from citizens to decion-makers).
This project aims to strengthen teachers' capacities in terms on sustainable development education.
15th April 2015 - 14th April 2019
The first phase of the EDUFF project was funded by the Urban community of Douala,the Mayor of Douala and the Ministry of Environment. Climate Chance and its partners ARDCI, OCE and state of Benin.
For the EDUFFODD project, the organisers are currently seeking funding from the Urban Community of Douala, the Ministry of Environment, Climate Chance...
Sustainable Development Education Workshop in Douala – 7th, 8th, 9th August 2018 (French)
Recycled materials transformation Workshop 5th june 2018
The RAEDD is a civil society-led organisation from Cameroon.
It’s made up of primary to secondary school teachers all equipped with environment, sustainable development and climate-related knowledge.
Since 2015, the RAEDD in line with its commitment to priority #3 of UNESCO’s global action plan on Sustainable Development Education, educates pupils on SD in schools all over the country.
The main goal is to:
- promote SD-related education within teachers/trainers circles in order for environment, citizenship or human right-related subjects to be taught in schools.
Communauté Urbaine de Douala
UNESCO's Regional office in Central Africa
Université Clermont Auvergne
Research and innovation
Institut de la francophonie pour le développement durable
OCE - Office for Climate Education