Overview of the project
The project focuses on the promotion of sustainable development values as well as scientific mediation in the field of climate change and for elected officials, technicians, local authorities, associations and organizers of environmental clubs of schools in the province of TIZNIT.
Also, the project aims to raise awareness to local actors on human action in relation to climate change that is not inevitable but a fact we must take into account when developing CAMPs (municipal action plan) for better preservation of the arganeraie (recognized by UNESCO as an international heritage).
Reinforcing local actors' capacities on sustainable development.
Pilote operation, experimentation
- 10 local authorities took into account the climate in their PAC
- 15 schools have scheduled activities for environmental education
- 20 associations have completed trainings on creating sustainable projects and a rational management of natural resources
- Climate change is a reality caused by humains
- sustainable and rational management of natural resources in the RBA (arganeraie area) could save the ecosystem
- environmental trainings and especially the promotion of sustainable development and scientific research values in schools will guarantee a sustainable management of the Arganeraie area.
Finance from partners of ECO-TIZNIT:
- the ministry in charge of sustainable development
- council of the TIZNIT province
- TIZNIT council
RARBA is a network of sustainable development associations in the RBA “Biosphere Arganeraie Reserve) coming from 7 provinces around Arganeraie:
- SIDI IFNI
- CHTOUKA AIT BAHA
- AGADIR IDAOUTANAN
- INZGAN AIT MELLOUL
RARBA’s goal is to activate its role of animation and advocacy on sustainable development in RBA in a participative framework and while building partnerships.